26 Jan How to Season Your Crazy Kettle
Learn to Season Your Crazy Kettle quickly and easily to prepare it for cooking
Using Crazy Kettle allows you to create great meals no matter where you are located. Before you start using Crazy Kettle, however, it is important to Season Your Crazy Kettle in the same way you would a quality cast-iron skillet. Not only will this help to enhance the flavor of the food that is prepared on your Crazy Kettle, but it will also prevent rust while also keeping your food from burning or sticking to the surface. Fortunately, seasoning your Crazy Kettle is simple. In fact, you only need to follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Wash the CrazyKettle with soap and water.
- Step 2: Rinse your CrazyKettle and allow it to dry.
- Step 3: Light the CrazyKettle and put it on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Use a paper towel and tons to apply two tablespoons of lard or canola oil to the CrazyKettle, being sure to cover the entire surface of the cooker. CAUTION: Do not use your hands when spreading the lard or canola oil. (To help reduce the amount of smoke that is created during the seasoning process, sprinkle the CrazyKettle with coarse salt during this step).
- Step 5: Wipe away any access lard or canola oil.
- Step 6: Remove the CrazyKettle from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Step 7: Repeat steps 3 through 6 four more times.
- Step 8: After allowing to cool completely, wipe the CrazyKettle dry.
After completing this final step, your CrazyKettle will be ready for cooking and will never need to be prepped by seasoning again!